We are delighted to formally invite you to submit applications to compete in the 2020 Junior Aikido World Championship! Students will compete for the top prizes in 8 categories according to age and level. Details on the Tournament and how to apply are below:
- Date and time: Tuesday the 11th of February 2020; 12:00-16:00
(Reception opens at 10:30; competitors should be changed and gather on the mats by 11:30. The opening ceremony is from 12:00. There will be a short seminar after the Tournament from 15:00-15:30. The Awards Ceremony is from 15:30-16:00.)
- Location: Main Arena, Urayasu City Gymnasium; Urayasu.
- Eligibility: For students from 3 years old – 3rd year high school students.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for students applying from within Japan is Sunday the 15th of December 2019.
Students from Ryu Headquarters Dojo and Urayasu Branch should fill in the online application form below. Students from other branch clubs and dojos should apply through your instructor. Students applying from outside Japan should contact the Ryu World Aikido Federation for application details.
- After-party: There will be an after-party held at Monsoon Cafe in Ikspiari from 18:30-20:00. The party costs ¥3,000 per person.
- Click here to see the Tournament Syllabus.
- Click here to see videos of the Tournament Syllabus.
- Please inform us as soon as possible if a competitor grades up and is eligible to compete in a higher category than they originally applied for.
- All competitors MUSTwear theircompetitor number. Competitor numbers and bibs will be provided on arrival and bibs must be returned at the end of the Tournament.
- From the second round onwards, competitors will be paired with partners for the basic techniques and jiyuwaza.
- Competitorswill be judged on their skill at performing both shite and uke in the sections where they are paired with another student.
- If you will not be able to attend the tournament after submitting your application, please inform us as soon as possible and AT LEAST one day in advance.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend on the day please call Stephanie on 090-1765-3588 BEFORE 12:00.
- On the day, competitors who have not registered at reception by 12:00 will be considered absent and will not be able to compete.